Disease prevalence is rarely explicitly considered in the early stages of the development of novelprognostic tests. Rather, researchers use the area under the receiver operating characteristic (AUROC) as the keymetric to gauge and report predictive performance ability. Because this statistic does not account for diseaseprevalence, proposed tests may not appropriately address clinical requirements. This ultimately impedes thetranslation of prognostic tests into clinical practice.
- METABOLOMIC DIAGNOSTICS SECURES €2 MILLION IN EU FUNDING
- A novel method for interrogating receiver operating characteristic curves…
- Professor Louise Kenny, Founding Director, wins Woman In Technology Award
- Robin Tuytten serves on Advisory Board of HUPO 2017
- Metabolomic Diagnostics: Adding to the our highly skilled team