Metabolomic Diagnostics are currently recruiting for a new and exciting role within the growing team. We are seeking a Development Manager to join our team. This person will be responsible for leading and managing projects to develop assays for Research Use Only (RUO) and In Vitro Diagnostic (IVD) use.
- Leading a multidisciplinary team, translating company’s research outputs to market ready products.
- Creating assay development plans through all stages of development, supported by key technical, operational, quality and regulatory staff.
- Ensuring that projects have clear goals and milestones that are aligned to those of the business.
- Management of project budgets, schedules, resources and risks.
- Regularly updating senior management on project plans, resource requirements, status, risks and mitigation.
- 5+ years of relevant experience managing product development of assays/devices through all stages from concept through to market readiness.
- Experience implementing project management best-practices, tools and techniques.
- Degree in Chemical or Physical sciences (or related field) or can demonstrate hands-on experience in these fields.
- A good understanding of the quality-assurance and regulatory frameworks applicable to IVD assays.
- The ability to lead and manage technically complex projects with multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Excellent time-management, planning, and organization are required to be successful in this role.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- An understanding of market requirements for research-use and diagnostic assays is desirable.
- Experience of mass-spectrometry-based assays would be of benefit.
- An understanding of working in an innovative early stage environment is beneficial.
Working with Metabolomic Diagnostics: Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd is an early stage biotechnology company located in Cork, Ireland. The company is developing novel and innovative tests to predict pregnancy related complications by the detection and quantification of biomarkers present in the blood. Having been ranked among the top innovators in Europe, Metabolomic Diagnostics was recently awarded €2 million in EU Funding under the Horizon 2020 SME Instrument.
The position presents a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic, international team focused on delivering novel products to the market. The Development Manager will be instrumental in building Metabolomic Diagnostic’s product portfolio.
Metabolomic Diagnostics offer a competitive salary package and opportunities for career development.
Interested applicants should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org