Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd is an early stage biotechnology company located in Cork, Ireland. The company is developing novel and innovative tests to predict pregnancy related complications by the detection and quantification of biomarkers present in the blood. Having been ranked among the top innovators in Europe, Metabolomic Diagnostics was recently awarded €2 million in EU Funding under the Horizon 2020 SME Instrument.
Metabolomic Diagnostics are currently seeking a Biomedical Data Steward to join our team.
The successful applicant will enter a multi-disciplinary work environment. He / She will be involved in consolidating the translational research processes, data flows and data sets underpinning Metabolomic Diagnostics innovative product development pipeline. In addition, she / he will be instrumental in establishing the data governance, data access policies and IT infrastructure(s) in support of Metabolomic Diagnostics’ forthcoming product manufacturing and clinical laboratory capabilities.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to establish the requirements for each of the critical data elements, data types, data processes, data flows, etc.
- Formulate a future-proof data management structure, whilst considering regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Establish a data management roll-out plan for the collection, generation, storage, processing and transmittal of biochemical and medical data to internal and external systems.
- Lead the implementation of the necessary software platforms and IT-infrastructure for the storage and management of data; document the operation thereof.
- Responsible for the implementation of the FAIR data principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, Reusable).
- Develop the required IT and data handling policies and protocols. Provide training and guidance to colleagues regarding these policies and protocols.
- Administer the data policies and assist colleagues in the implementation of the policies.
- Seek continued improvements and opportunities with regards to the usage of data, in terms of e.g. applying quality metrics, identifying long-term trends, identifying risks to the confidentiality and/or integrity, etc.
- Act as the first-line internal IT support, as well as coordinating with 3rd party service providers.
- Advice the executive management in establishing fit-for-purpose data governance structures.
- Master or PhD in Bioinformatics or Computer Science (or related field) or can demonstrate hands-on experience in these fields.
- Proven expertise in data warehousing of biomedical data.
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements relevant to biomedical data.
- Ability to engage constructively with stakeholders to capture requirements and translate these in functional processes.
- Capable to work without direct supervision within a team environment
- Ability to motivate and effect change.
- Quality minded with ability to perform work with accuracy, in accordance with procedures.
- Experience with Linux, databases (MySQL, NoSQL/Redis) and web application development.
- Experience in clinical diagnostics / clinical studies.
- Relevant industry experience (minimum 2 years)
- A strong working knowledge of Python
Working with Metabolomic Diagnostics:
The position presents a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic, international team focussed on delivering novel diagnostic solutions to the market. Working in both Research and Development you will have the opportunity to help shape the foundations whereon Metabolomic Diagnostics will build its forthcoming commercial operations. Depending on the interests and skills of the successful applicant, there will be room to expand one’s scope to other domains over time. For instance, engage in data quality analyses in collaboration with the research scientists and data analysts, or assist in the development of the software infrastructure enabling the delivery of Metabolomic Diagnostics’ risk prediction algorithms to the market.
Metabolomic Diagnostics offer a competitive salary package and opportunities for career development.
Contact: Interested applicants should contact: email@example.com