Metabolomic Diagnostics are currently seeking a Scientific Researcher & Author to join our team. The successful applicant will have strong background in desk based scientific research and literature review and will lead the effort to maintain a database of relevant scientific literature and competitor information as well as coordinating the writing of scientific papers based on the company’s work. Flexible /Remote working arrangements are possible for this role.
- Monitor and maintain a searchable archive on an ongoing basis of the following;
- Newly published scientific papers, posters and patents related to the diagnosis and/or screening of pregnancy related complications.
- Announcements from companies, related to products or potential products diagnosing/screening for pregnancy related complications.
- Output from academic research teams, related to their work on diagnosing or screening for pregnancy related complications.
- Provide periodic reports to the company’s executive team on developments identified through this monitoring.
- Undertake literature reviews on all candidate biomarkers identified by the company’s research team and maintain a continuously updated summary report on each indicating;
- Corroborating evidence of the markers correlation with pregnancy related complications,
- Details of teams (academic and commercial) active in researching the biomarker,
- Biological plausibility of its involvement in pregnancy related complications.
- Undertake and regularly update patent searches to identify commercial and research opportunities.
- Write scientific papers in conjunction with members of the company’s research team, for submission to peer reviewed journals.
- Coordinate the writing of scientific papers with external partners and co-authors for submission to peer reviewed journals.
- Provide regular updates to the company’s marketing team on developments within the company’s domain of interest which they may choose to incorporate into their market communications efforts.
- Degree in Science, preferably Microbiology, Biochemistry, or biomedical sciences
- Prior experience in desk-based research.
- Prior experience in writing scientific papers, published in peer reviewed journals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to engage constructively with stakeholders to communicate developments
- Capable to work without direct supervision within a team environment
- Ability to motivate and effect change.
- Knowledge of life sciences industry or similar
- Experience working in an innovative early stage environment
- Experience in international markets
- Relevant industry experience
- Knowledge of Mass Spectrometry
Working with Metabolomic Diagnostics:
Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd is an early stage biotechnology company located in Cork, Ireland. The company is developing novel and innovative tests to predict pregnancy related complications by the detection and quantification of biomarkers present in the blood. Having been ranked among the top innovators in Europe, Metabolomic Diagnostics was recently awarded €2 million in EU Funding under the Horizon 2020 SME Instrument.
The position presents a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic, international team focussed on delivering a novel product to the market. Depending on the interests and skills of the successful applicant, there will be room to expand one’s scope to other domains over time.
Metabolomic Diagnostics offer a competitive salary package and opportunities for career development.
Contact: Interested applicants should contact: firstname.lastname@example.org