BIOMARKER VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION
Metabolomic Diagnostics are looking for a highly motivated researcher wishing to apply to the Science Foundation Ireland Industry Fellowship programme. The application will be written jointly with the team at Metabolomic Diagnostics.
Translational research whereby LC-MS assays for novel, putative biomarkers for pregnancy conditions can be developed. Projects may be technology focused or focused on the clinical application. The former can involve the development of innovative biomarker multiplexing solutions with a focus on delivering robust LC-MS based diagnostic solutions to the market. With regards to clinical applications, exploring novel classes of biomarkers (or combinations thereof) relevant to pregnancy related conditions.
The successful researcher will have the opportunity to work with an experienced science team. Metabolomic Diagnostics is a commercial research environment and all our work is carried out in an ISO13485 accredited environment. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a fast paced entrepreneurial environment and to understand the dynamics of innovation. In addition to technical development during the fellowship, candidates will also develop in the following areas;
• Understanding the importance of customer driven innovation
• Ability to make positive contributions in an innovative and entrepreneurial environment
• Project management
• Essential to PhD (or equivalent as stipulated by SFI) in a relevant field
• An experienced Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometer researcher. The successful candidate preferably has a track record of developing quantitative LC-MS/MS assays. Qualifications in Bio-analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, or related field;
• Practical experience in quantitative analyses and/or bio-analysis that includes instrumentation (HPLC, LC-MS/MS, chromatography, solution chemistry, extraction techniques, automation, etc.;)
• Project management, compliance, communication, and people skills
• Experience in the elucidation of unknowns by mass spectrometry
• Experience in Lab Automation, Dried Blood Spot analyses desirable
• Knowledge of EMA / FDA Bioanalytical Method Validation guideline, CLSI guidelines (or equivalent) desirable
• Good understanding of statistics relevant to assay validation and/or biomarker validation desirable
Purpose and structure of the Industry Fellowship Programme 2017
The purpose of the Industry Fellowship Programme 2017 is to enhance industry-academia collaborations through the funding of collaborative industry-academia research projects, and to stimulate excellence through knowledge transfer and training of researchers. Both aims will be pursued by the Industry Fellowship Programme, through the temporary movement of academic researchers to industry, and of industry researchers to academia.
For the ‘Academia to Industry Fellowships’ they can be awarded to staff and postdoctoral academic researchers based in Ireland, wishing to spend time in industry.
Fellowships Under the Industry Fellowship 2017 Programme Call, proposals will be accepted from three different categories of Applicant:
(A) SFI Award Holder;
(B) Non-SFI Award Holder – Lead Principal Investigator (PI) on a competitively awarded, internationally peer reviewed research grant secured over the last 5 years (2012-2017);
(C) Postdoctoral Researcher.
In all cases, the Applicant must be:
a) A member of the academic staff of an eligible Irish Research Body (permanent or with a contract that covers the period of the Industry Fellowship),
b) A contract researcher with a contract that covers the period of the Industry Fellowship (contract may be subject to receipt of the Industry Fellowship).
c) The Applicant must hold a PhD or equivalent. Please consult the SFI Policy of PhD Equivalence for further information.
Interested applicants should apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org