SENIOR SCIENTIST MASS SPECTROMETRIST
BIOMARKER VERIFICATION AND VALIDATION
Metabolomic Diagnostics Ltd is an early stage biotechnology company located in Cork, Ireland. The company is developing novel and innovative tests to predict pregnancy related complications prior to their clinical manifestation. The technology is based on the quantification of metabolites and proteins present in the bloodstream early in the pregnancy. To further Metabolomic Diagnostics’ product development, it is hiring an experienced Liquid Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Scientist. The successful candidate preferably has a track record of developing quantitative LC-MS/MS assays and exhibits an entrepreneurial spirit. For more information on the company please visit http://www.metabolomicdiagnostics.com/
- Develop LC-MS/MS protocols (from sample prep up to data analysis) for the analysis of panels of endogenous molecules in support of large-scale clinical studies.
- Design and perform validation studies in support of driving an LC-MS/MS based diagnostic product into the market.
- Execute LC-MS/MS studies on large sample cohorts and perform real-time data analysis to QA the data generated.
- Draft, review and approve documentation on product development work undertaken in support of the company’s integrated ISO13485 Quality Management System.
- Perform routine maintenance and troubleshoot instrument related problems on the LC-MS/MS set ups available.
- Assist in exploring novel LC-MS/MS based product opportunities and execution of Proof of Concept studies.
- Present data to different audiences: internal, industry partners, scientific meetings
- PhD. in Bioanalytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, or related field, or Master’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
- Strong project management, compliance, communication, and people skills
- Hands on experience in quantitative analyses and/or bioanalysis that includes instrumentation (HPLC, LC-MS/MS, chromatography, solution chemistry, extraction techniques, automation, etc)
- Direct working experience in Good Laboratory Practices is preferred
- Flexible approach is necessary to work in a fast-paced innovative environment
- Experience of clinical or industrial research
- An appetite for solving problems with analytical technologies and chemistry knowledge Experience with developing analytical workflows for targeted protein analyses
- Experience in lab automation, Dried blood spot analyses
- Knowledge of and experience with EMEA / FDA Bioanalytical Method Validation guidelines, CLSI guidelines (or equivalent)
Working with Metabolomic Diagnostics
The position presents a unique experience to be part of a dynamic, international team focused on delivering novel mass spectrometry diagnostic solutions for mothers-to-be. As a member of the product development team you will contribute to bringing product to market from Conception to Validation. Being part of an early stage company presents a great opportunity to rapidly expand one’s experience beyond the technical aspects of mass spectrometry, as you will be involved in transforming sound scientific work into a commercially viable product.
Metabolomic Diagnostics offer a competitive salary package
Interested applicants should contact email@example.com